Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Night Wind

The wind is awesome tonight. Gently blowing, it cools off the day’s tension and lethargy. It is a wonderful gift from God, created by His own hands.

A lot of things have happened lately. Some which God has used to shook me to the core, while others He has used to strengthen me for what future is about to unveil upon me. This is a moment of trial, and I am determined to hold on no matter what. When I have decided to embrace the truth, there is no turning back. That is how it is going to be…

Turning back to the gentle caressing wind: How nice it is if I could be like you. You are so free to roam this Earth, and your have abilities so pleasing to many people who knows how to appreciate your presence. Most importantly, there is no need for you to be bound to any form of worldly sufferings and trials. I know I am made a human by God for good reasons, but I still cannot help envying the freedom you are enjoying…

How great would it be if I am just granted your ability to travel the many places that I have been longing to go… There are so many people whom I really wished that I could meet and have a chat with them after not being able to see them for so long, who are now in places so far away from the Penang Island. Even if I have both the time and money, it would still take hours to reach even one of these places, and I certainly will not be able to go to all the places at once.

Every time I feel your presence, I will always remember all those wishes and dreams… Yes, dreams of me floating in the night sky in search of the places I wanted to go and those people whom I longed of meeting. There are so many things that I wish to tell and share with them, and there are also so many things which I also want to hear from them… Their tales, their lives, and how all of them are doing right now - all this I want to hear, all this I want to find out. There is nothing better than to meet back old friends and rekindle the flames which have long cooled off.

Therefore please… Whenever you feel the presence of the night wind blowing upon your cheeks, or when it is there to accompany you in times of sadness or loneliness, please remember me - and how much I am yearning to meet you all, dear friends. May the wind’s whispers remind you that I will constantly praying for all of you, and that even though all of you may not be able feel it, I am still cherishing our friendship. The night wind may bring no meaning or significance to most people, but it does to me. As much as it inspires and invigorates me, I hope all of you will at least remember how much I like it, and be reminded of me - as a friend (and to some of you, a brother).

Almost a week ago, I read a blog post from a senior of mine, telling of her worries and anxieties as she was taking a walk at three in the morning… I know that a huge distance is in between both of us, but if you are reading this post right now, I really would like to tell you that I care.

I cannot really imagine how late it is already, but it is still too early for me to sleep. It is still two and a half hour before 7am, and until then, I would like to spend the remaining time with my beloved Creator, Friend and Master - who has gone all the way to redeem me and to make me new again. Praise Him.


SEYMOUR NIGHTWEAVER (15th April 2008)

No comments: